Print

After waiting for the 15m x 1m roll of cork to arrive, running out of my Pattex Classic rubbery glue on a Saturday evening after the shops shut (nothing's open on a Sunday), and getting rather sidetracked building my first modest "shed" out of plasticard and trying out some painting techniques, plus tea, and some work in between, and relaxing after such an exhausting schedule, I finally added some more supports and laid the cork.

Posted Image  Posted Image

Now the track baseboards are all complete ready to start laying the track. I suppose before I start laying the tracks I should actually spend a little bit of time sketching out the power districts, detection sections etc for the Loconet and RR&Co software. This will be a lot easier now as I built a test layout to figure it all out in my previous flat. Some of the boards are still all wired up. Although I think now I know what i'm doing I may redo them to make them tidier and more logical.

The glue stays tacky long enough to do 50cm sections at a time. I have three ply boards and enough weights to put on them. By the time i've moved the boards along the one at the back has done it's job and everything is nicely flat and secure. A quick run round with a Stanley knive to remove the overlap and it's all done.

Posted Image

The cork is only 3mm thick, so care was taken not to bend it too much, I found it easier to cut it into no more than 2m sections, cut with a steel rule the sections glued together nicely with straight lines.

Posted Image

Anyway, this picture doesn't do the cork justice, like with every stage I have spent as much time admiring the work as I have doing it. After the obligatory tidy up and hoover (wife stands below the stairs watching the dust) I've finished for the evening.

The perspective on the picture has made the station space look slightly odd. Looking forward to getting a few goodies out to run round.

Posted Image

 

 

 

 

 

 

0
0
0
s2smodern
powered by social2s