- Published: 30 January 2018 30 January 2018
- Hits: 2311 2311
It doesn’t look like much has happened throughout 2017, life got in the way. 2018 seems to be much much clearer and progress seems much more likely. But much has been done. In the odd few days when there has been time and when i’ve actually been at home, the paints have been out. There have been a lot more “weathered” old Private Owner Wagons marketed by the usual manufacturers, but with a bit of effort I think a much better finish can be achieved. Working to the Vallejo instructions included in the “Weathered Wood“ pack of their acrylic paints I got the following result. For a first effort i’m not disappointed. Still need to finish these off with some weathering, rusting and metalcote on the metalwork and decals.
One of the big problems was wiring as I went along, getting some mojo together to go from section to section was difficult so I bit the bullet and completely re-wired the boards and got everything programmed and working. I also added a further BDL168 to give me precise stopping in the station, although the experiments I have done give me fairly accurate stopping distances with TrainController. This looks a lot neater anyway And laying track is now much less of a big job when I can wire it up straight afterwards.